COVID-19 Updates and Information
Due to the rising number of cases of COVID-19 in the area we are changing the workflow of the practice. We are doing this in an effort to continue to provide quality medical care while keeping you and your family safe. Effective 3/20/2020, only members of Gateway Veterinary Clinic staff will be permitted inside the hospital building. We appreciate your understanding of this.
For scheduled medical and surgical appointments:
- Please call us at 630-377-6660 when you arrive in the parking lot and remain in your vehicle.
- A care professional associated with your appointment will discuss your needs by phone when you arrive. At the end of the phone conversation, a care professional will come to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for evaluation.
- After the medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a phone call from your veterinarian to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and diagnostics will be authorized via this phone call.
- Once the care of your pet is complete, the discharge process will be discussed. At that time a client care coordinator will discuss payment options.
- We understand that extenuating circumstances will arise and we will work with you to accommodate these situations.
Food and medication pick up/specimen drop off:
- Please call ahead and allow 12-24 hours for us to prepare the product. We will call you when it is ready to be picked up.
- Call us when you arrive to the clinic parking lot and we will either bring the medication to your car or leave it in the medication pick-up box located in the vestibule.
- If you are dropping off a specimen, please call us when you are in the parking lot to inform us you are dropping off a sample and place it in the specimen box located in the vestibule.
We appreciate your patience as we work together to reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our community while still providing your pet with quality health care.
The Centers for Disease Control have a comprehensive website with general information and more about COVID-19 and animals: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
Gateway Veterinary Clinic